If you’re a small group leader, you probably love the small group leader or point person at your church. In fact, you may care so much for him or her that you want to get them something for Christmas. But what do you get someone who spearheads a small group ministry? What would they really like and be able to use?
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- A gift card to their favorite coffee shop. Very few people take more people to coffee than someone spearheading a small group ministry.
- A gift card for books or media. Great small group point people are readers. They keep up with the latest thoughts on theology, church, and small group leadership.
- A gift card for two to a local restaurant. Most small group point people must be away from their spouse many nights. Bless them with a night out.
- An offer to babysit for them one night. This is a precious gift — one that will be used — I promise.
- Free nights at a get-away home or condo. If your family owns or has access to a vacation home, bless them with as many free nights as possible. Let them know they can use it at the dates of their choosing over the next 12 months (if the date is open).
- A gift certificate to a spa. OK, OK … I know this may be more appropriate if you have a female small groups point person, but everyone needs to de-stress from time to time.
- An extra day off. If you’re the senior pastor of the church or you’re an elder with a lot of influence, giving a staff member and extra day off sometime over the next 12 months is a precious gift.
Rick Howerton has one passion — to see “a biblical small group within walking distance of every person on the planet making disciples that make disciples.” He is pursuing this passion as the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay Church Resources.