On this week’s episode, Brian and Chris join Daniel Im, the Director of Church Multiplication for newchurches.com. Brian, Chris, and Daniel discuss the following points:
- You are only one step away from unlocking new levels of maturity and growth for your church.
- You are more apt to join a small group if you are personally connected to a group member.
- There are no “silver bullets,” or magic solutions, for a church’s groups ministry.
- We must be wary of the existence of “discipleship whiplash” within our church and group leaders.
- Sometimes a church’s metrics to determine growth are more harmful than helpful.
- We must view goals for our small groups as means, not ends.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Small Groups For The Rest Of Us.
GUEST: Daniel Im is the Director of Church Multiplication for newchurches.com and LifeWay Christian Resources and serves as the teaching pastor at The Fellowship, a multisite church in Nashville, TN. Daniel is the coauthor of Planting Missional Churches. He has an MA in Global Leadership from Fuller Theological Seminary. You can find him at danielim.com. His latest book, No Silver Bullets, discusses the five small shifts that will transform your ministry.