On this episode of Group Answers, Chris, Brian, and Brandon discuss how to launch your small group well in the new year.
The 6 “Don’t’s”:
- Don’t assume everyone you ask will show up.
- Don’t take the Bible study portion of the experience lightly.
- Don’t be unintentional about when to launch and how much lead time to build in.
- Don’t conclude that your winsome personality will be enough.
- Don’t be flippant about the schedule.
- Don’t create false expectations early in the group life.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Small Groups for the Rest of Us.