On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Brandon talk to Pastor Louie Giglio about his new book and Bible study, Not Forsaken.
For more than 20 years, Louie and Shelley Giglio have shepherded the largest group of young people around the world through the Passion movement, a spiritual awakening that is changing the world. The movement grows stronger every year at the Giglio-led Passion Conference, a gathering tens-of-thousands of collegiate young people aged 18 to 25, who come together to learn, worship, and focus on what matters most. The author of multiple bestselling books including “Goliath Must Fall” and the forthcoming “Not Forsaken,” Louie is a pastor and acclaimed public speaker known for tackling life’s biggest questions with precision, warmth, and practicality – an approach that has also shaped his leadership of the Passion Conferences, Passion City Church, sixstepsrecords, the Passion Global Institute, and other branches of the Passion Movement’s inspired outreach. Louie and Shelley make their home in Atlanta, Georgia, where as teachers, mentors, and trusted allies, the Giglios lift the next generation of leaders up through all facets of Passion, equipping them with empathy, truth, and a hunger for justice. For more information, please visit LouieGiglio.com.
• In “Not Forsaken,” you invite readers to understand the character of God in a life-changing way: as a perfect Father who wants you to live under the waterfall of His blessing. Can you tell us more about our Heavenly Father versus or earthly fathers?
• You mention that this message isn’t just for those who have “daddy issues” or a “father wound.” How can those who had positive relationships with their earthly dads benefit from this Bible study?
• You wrote “Not Forsaken” based on your own experiences with pain and healing. Can you share more about that and, if applicable, how community played a role?
• You’ve been around students for a sustained period of time and have seen the generations come and go. First, what should the current generation of church leaders know about the incoming generation church leaders? And second, what do you think group leaders should know about Millennials and Gen Z?
• Louie you’ve been in ministry for quite some time, significant time both as a pastor but also with Passion which has become a worldwide movement. What have you learned about community, its impact on us, its redemptive capacity, and how it is best expressed and perpetuated.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.