On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Barnabas Piper about his new role in the local church, and the new Bible study, Help My Unbelief. Barnabas worked in Christian publishing for nearly fifteen years before joining the staff at Immanuel Church in Nashville in 2019. He is a writer, the author of multiple books, and has co-hosted several podcasts. He has two amazing daughters, one dog, and zero cats. Really the only major crisis in Barnabas’s life is a life-long loyalty to Minnesota sports teams.
- How has the transition to full-time ministry in the local church been?
- What has been most difficult about this transition?
- What does the discipleship process look like at Immanuel Church?
- How can a group leader best navigate those discussions where doubts are shared and answers are not evident?
- What is your hope for groups as they make their way through the study?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.