On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Ben Stuart about single adults in group life and community.
Ben Stuart is the Pastor of Passion City Church, Washington D.C. Prior to joining Passion City Church, Ben served for 11 years as the Executive Director of Breakaway Ministries, a weekly Bible study attended by thousands of college students on the campus of Texas A&M. He is the author of the book, Single.Dating.Engaged.Married. as well as Life + Love, a study resource based on his book.
- What led you to speak and write on this topic of single adults?
- What’s the benefit of talking about relationships — single, dating, engaged, married — in a small group setting?
- What are some misconceptions people in our group might have about the four relational stages?
- You mention “boyfriend and girlfriend” aren’t categories that exist in the Bible, how does that change the way Christian men and women should think about dating?
- If engagement is where a couple starts becoming one, what might that process look like for an engaged couple?
- What advice would you give groups pastors and educators about ministering through this lens and to the specific needs of each of these stages in a relationship?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.