On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Ryan Blau about how they create Biblical community in the Pacific Northwest, and how the church is responding to the unrest in Portland, OR.
Ryan Blau is the Pastor of Discipleship at Crossroads Community Church in the Portland, OR area.
- How did you end up as the Pastor of Discipleship at Crossroads?
- What is the culture for groups and community in the Pacific Northwest? Is it that much different from the Bible Belt South?
- How do you come alongside your Lead Pastor to make sure your people are being discipled?
- How have your groups transitioned since the lockdowns from the pandemic?
- Portland has been in the media as the center of protests and marches in the last few weeks. How has the church responded?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.