On this episode of Group Answers, Chris, Brian, and Ken discuss how to lead a better discussion with your online group.
- Call on a specific person to answer a specific question.
- Send questions to group members in advance of the Bible study.
- Do not answer your own questions.
- Ask group members to raise their hand, use the chat feature, or use the “raise hand” feature in your online meeting tool.
- Send group members to a breakout room.
- Use a curriculum series that is discussion-oriented.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.