On this episode of Group Answers, Chris, Brian, and Ken discuss 10 tips to help brand new group leaders.
- Teaching is not telling. Learning is not listening.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- If you have to choose between being a great teacher or a great shepherd, choose shepherd.
- The person with the biggest group doesn’t win.
- Your group exists for people far from God.
- Work hard to include new people in the group.
- Your group isn’t your group.
- You should hold onto your group members with a loose grip.
- You should spend more time in prayer.
- Don’t do anything stupid to lose your position of leadership.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.