On this episode of Group Answer, Brian and Chris welcome Dave Shroeder on to discuss Bible studies vs book clubs, and reading books in community. Dave is the marketing leader for B&H Books and cohost of the Table of (Mal)Contents Podcast.
- What are the differences between a Bible study and a book club?
- Should people be in both?
- Should a church small group ever do a book study instead of a Bible study?
- What level of community can you achieve in a book group?
- What makes a successful book group?
- What books would you recommend for a small group to consider?
This Episode’s Sponsor: You’ve probably heard about the movie OVERCOMER. But you may not know there are a few books and Bible studies inspired by the film. One is called Defined by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick, which is a book and Bible study based on insights from the Book of Ephesians. You can find these books and Bible studies at LifeWay.com/Overcomer.