On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Adam Griffin and Elizabeth Woodson from the Culture Matters podcast.
Adam Griffin is the lead pastor of Eastside Community Church in Dallas, Texas, a church plant of The Village Church. He is also the author of the forthcoming book, with Matt Chandler, titled Family Discipleship: Leading Your Home Through Time, Moments and Milestones.
Elizabeth Woodson is a writer, minister and sought-after teacher. She serves a minister for The Village Church Institute, where she teaches and writes curriculum for classes and other learning environments.
Culture Matters started as a podcast of The Village Church, but now it’s its own, separate thing. It’s been going for over three years now. The podcast focuses on the intersection of faith and culture, exploring everything from sports, TV and movies to technology to politics and social issues.
- What are we learning about ourselves during this time?
- In terms of suffering well, what counsel would you give group leaders about how to manage our current circumstances?
- How would you advise someone in managing a constructive — or even redemptive — conversation about COVID-19?
- How do you envision the post-pandemic church?
- What kind of leadership is required during times like this? Is it different than “peace time” or is leadership more universal?
- How can we model what it looks like to abide in Christ?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in LifeWay’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at LifeWay and author of Leading Small Groups.